Miami Valley Woodcarvers Assn.
There is a 2024 Show! March 2nd and 3rd
Sat. 10am-5pm. Sunday 12:30-5pm
We welcome you!
Meet New Friends! *Learn from top Instructors
*See and Buy from some of the Top Woodcarvers in the country
- Free Carving Demonstrations
- Demonstrations for non-carvers
- Hourly Door Prizes
- Wood Vendors, Carving tool Vendors
Location: Christ United Methodist Church
700 Marshall Rd., Middletown, Ohio 45044
Admission Cost $6.00 Each Person
Scouts Free with an accompanying Responsible Adult
Children Under 12, FREE
Annual Show Information
1. Space will have one 8′ table and two chairs
2. Table must be covered to floor front and sides. NO Bed Sheets, tarps, plastic, or paper covers.
3. Exhibitors furnish own lights and extension cords. All cords must be held down to floor with graphers tape. NO Duct Tape
4. No more than 2 exhibitors to a table or space.
5. Items for sale must be mostly carved but may also have other techniques with the carving. All items displayed must be the work of the exhibitor. Exception: Commercial displays
7.No setups after 9:30 AM Saturday March 6th and No tear down before 5PM Sunday 7th
8. No Alcoholic beverages, smoking or pets at any time.
9. Carving is encouraged during the show. all wood chips must be kept behind the tables. Because floor is carpeted, please put something down to catch the chips.
10. Ribbons from other shows prior to MVWA shows will not be displayed.
11. The Banquet is catered by Grecian Delight of Middletown Security is provided during Banquet
Exibitor agrees to hold harmless Christ United Methodist Church and Miami Valley woodcarvers Assn.
in anyway connected with the use of Christ United Methodist Church.
from and against any and all claims for personal injuries, death, damages, loses and cost and any other expenses
*Categories may have changed before 2024 Show SO, Please take time to read
Competition Categories and Description
- A Human Realistic- Exact proportion carved in an accurate representation of subject
- B. Animal Realistic-An Accurate representation carved in the round
- C. Bird Realistic-an accurate representation carved in the round
- D. Aquatic Realistic- An Accurate representation carved of Subject
- E. Chip Carving- Flat work or in the round made with precise cuts
- F. Caricatures- Distortion or exaggeration of the distinguishing features
- G. Mythical, / Santa- Legendary Characteristic of myths or folk tales
- H. Relief Carving- Shallow & Deep cuts in a flat panel of wood.
- I. Miniatures / Whittling-)
- J. Ornamental- Serving as an ornament or decorative
- K. Stylized / Abstract – Simplified visual form that emphasizes particular or design qualities
- L. Open- Carving that does not fit into any other category
- M. Novice- A carver that has never won a ribbon in any Competition ( not including Club competition or youth competition)
- N. Wood Burning- Process of burning a design into wood
- O. Instructor Assisted Carving- Someone who is assisted or has been given aid and support in a Class or a roughout
- P. Religious – Artistic imagery to inspire
- Q. Canes / Walking Sticks- carved in original design
- R. Youth (Ribbon only) Class for all Carvers under 18 years of age
- Special Awards Given;
- Best Table-given by MVWC Competition committee
- Only registered exhibitors or vendors as individuals may enter into competition-(Club tables included-Youth Excluded)
- This is a TWO day show. NO Registered Exhibitor may leave after one day. ( This includes Club tables that Person or persons show in Competition)
- Set up times are Friday evening 4:30-7:30 PM – Sat. Morning 7:30AM-9:00AM
- No set up after 9:00 AM Saturday
- All entries must have been finished within the last two years.
- Maximum of TWO pieces may be entered in any given category
- Pieces will be judged on Originality, Design, Skilled Execution, and Final Presentation.
- Judges have the right to move any Carving as see’s fit to another category before judging.
- Competition Judges are ineligible for competition, and their decisions are final. They are not obligated to award any ribbons in any Category
- First place Category winners will be considered for ” Best of Show ”
- Competition will be taken in at 4:30-7:30PM
- (No Competition will be taken in past 9:AM Saturday Morning!) Due to judging starts at 10:AM
- Entry Fee for each Piece is $3.00
2024 Show Application
March 2nd and 3rd Christ United Methodist Church 700 Marshall Rd. Middletown, Ohio 45044
PLEASE DO NOT Come EARLY to SET UP
Set Up Times :Friday March 1st 2024 4:30PM-8:00PM
Competition Entries 5:30-8:PM ( Entries excepted on Sat. morning BUT will not be taken after 9: am)
You Must be Registered with a table to Enter Competition IF Sharing a table only Two Persons Per Table may enter Competition…*(including Club tables)
This is a TWO day show NO Exhibitors may leave after one day if you have registered as an Exhibitor -INCLUDING Club tables that have entered items into competition
Registered Exhibitor’s Name (PRINT)______________________
- Signature implies that you have read and accepted all rules for this show
E-Mail Address (print Clearly)__________________________
Exhibitor Tables $ 35_________ Total: $______
Commercial Tables $50________ Total: $______
Banquet Reservations $ 25______ Total: $______
- Additional Registered Exhibitor (PRINT)___________________
- Signature of Additional Registered Exhibitor______________________________________
- Signature implies that you have read and accepted all Rules for this Show
Do you need Electricity? YES_____ NO______
Thank you for your faithful support in banquet donations each year . We are asking for Donations again this year’s well. Item suggested are your something from your works. If you are attending this years banquet Please consider that if you would like to receive a gift that you give one. I hope the time of fellowship and sharing will compel you to participate in this time honored, tradition through our show!Thank you!
Name Tags for Show:________________________________
Checks can be made out to: Miami Valley Woodcarvers Assn.
Send Forms to: Teresa Balsbaugh 221 Vanderveer St. Middletown, Ohio 45044
Make checks out to : Miami Valley Woodcarvers Assn.